Creative Activist Program (CAP)
CAP supports up to 75 high-performing creative activist projects by providing critical guidance and resources to enable the realization of their vision. CVF acts as their “agency,” “academy,’ and “clubhouse. ” CVF then broadcasts the work of our CAP members so they can serve as models and examples for others to follow.
This support includes:
- Fiscal sponsorship
- Strategic Networking
- Access to our network of industry-leading mentors (writers, directors, editors, musicians, photographers, journalists, experienced activists, and on it goes)
- Access to our funding partners
- Seminars and educational programs
- Featured placement on our website
- Pro-bono legal services
- Use of the Dan Eldon Center for Creative Activism for screenings and project events
- Direct coaching from our seasoned staff and leadership
- Access to a members only social networking site
The ON Revolution
This our broad outreach to provide education, inspiration, tools, resources and a community to enable anyone, anywhere, to turn ON their creative spark for social change. ON Rev is the umbrella brand for our programs that are free and available to the public, including:
- The Creative Activist Toolkit
- Telecasts of our seminars and public programs
- ACTIVIST-TV (coming soon)
- Television, film, and book projects
Rock Your World
An innovative, multidimensional, project-based curriculum for middle and high school students that engages them in real-world issues while leveraging the use of digital media to investigate, explore, and act on causes of importance to them. This hands-on, collaborative approach deepens knowledge of classroom learning and provides for meaningful application of what is learned.
Rock Your World inspires students to ask brave questions about the challenges they see in their neighborhoods, communities, and the world around them and positions them to work positively to overcome those challenges. Rock Your World guides youth through a thoughtful process of researching an issue of interest and then developing an 'action campaign' to address it. Designed with multiple entry points and fully aligned Common Core and state standards, the program features a comprehensive curriculum guide and the resources to help students create a persuasive public service announcement using digital media to promote their designated cause.
Rock Your World is a featured component of the Become a Defender Unit of Speak Truth to Power, a project of Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights.
Dan Eldon Project
Dan was the inspiration to countless creative activists, and his art and sensibility will continue to inspire many more. The Dan Eldon Project offers exhibitions of his art, products inspired by his art, and educational programs focused on journaling and curiosity in a way that honors Dan’s life and work.